- Prevention: Actions to avoid an incident or to intervene to stop an incident from occurring. Prevention involves actions to protect lives and property.
- Preparedness: A continuous cycle of planning, organizing, training, equipping, exercising, evaluating, and taking corrective action in an effort to ensure effective coordination during incident response.
Click on a link below to access prevention and preparedness resources.
School and Classroom Resources
Violence and Bullying
- CERT: Community Emergency Response Team Information
Available at the Citizen Corps Web site: www.citizencorps.gov/cert
- Lead and Manage My School: Emergency Planning Toolkit for Schools
Available at the Department of Education Web site: www.ed.gov
- Masters of Disaster, Disaster Education: A Preparedness Curriculum for K–8 Teachers
Available at the American Red Cross Web site: www.redcross.org
- Preparedness and prevention information, documents, and sample forms
Available at the Ready.Gov Web site: www.ready.gov
Available at the FEMA Web site: www.fema.gov
- 30 Tips for Emergency Preparedness
Available at the Department of Homeland Security Web site: www.dhs.gov