Additional Web sites that may be useful include:
- FEMA: www.fema.gov
Provides information on disaster preparedness and recovery.
- FEMA Emergency Management Institute: training.fema.gov
Presents online training on a variety of prevention, preparedness, and response topics.
- Ready.Gov: www.ready.gov
Provides information on preparation and planning for incidents.
- NIMS Resource Center: www.fema.gov/nims
Contains information and documents on the National Incident Management System, including implementation and compliance guidelines.
- Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program: www.hseep.dhs.gov
Presents resources including the Training and Exercise Plan Workshop User’s Handbook, Exercise Evaluation Guides, and National Preparedness Guidelines.
- Department of Education: www.ed.gov
Offers information on general school emergency preparedness and planning as well as on specific topics, such as school violence and pandemic flu.
- National Clearinghouse for Educational Facilities: www.ncef.org
Includes subject-specific resources on more than 140 school facilities topics.
- Flu.gov: www.flu.gov
Contains the latest information and recommendations on influenza.
- Natural Hazards Center: www.colorado.edu/hazards
Serves as a national and international clearinghouse for publications and research related to natural hazards.
- Environmental Protection Agency HealthySEAT: www.epa.gov/schools/healthyseat
Contains the School Environments Assessment Tool (HealthySEAT) to help schools evaluate and manage their facilities for key environmental, safety, and health issues.
- Community Emergency Response Team (CERT): www.citizencorps.gov/cert
Provides information on disaster preparedness, including training in basic disaster response skills.